PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Terms and Conditions
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 15:24
G SXTY

Supercharged PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A cynical observer might suggest that a high turnover of FOs in particular, rather suits Flybe management. New FOs are cheaper than experienced ones, they are bonded, and are more likely to accept whatever Ts & Cs are thrown at them. If experienced people leave as soon as there are jobs elsewhere, big deal, they can be replaced easily and cheaply. Witness the steady stream of cadets, both internal and TCX, and moving the sims to the new training centre at EXT. It all points to an operation designed to train up lots of people, and quickly.

Frankly, I can't see any incentive whatsoever for the company to improve pay and rostering, unless they are forced to do so. 'Negotiations' – if that's the right word, have been going on for a long, long time, and have got us precisely nowhere.

It's all a pity, as I'd quite like to stay long-term – IF my salary and lifestyle were more in line with our competitors. Sadly though, I increasingly believe our management have no interest in serious negotiation, so like many of my colleagues, I'll be brushing up my CV when the time comes.