PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Troops returning from Helmand pay for own flights
Old 18th Aug 2010, 15:22
StopStart

Champagne anyone...?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cessnapete - my comments weren't directed at you per se but were more of a sideways glancing blow at the generally unwarranted gurning that tumbles out of Twenty One Six with alarming regularity. You are more than welcome to comment on Flight Safety issues with your 15000+ hrs of to-ing and fro-ing, however don't be offended when its pointed out to you that the "facts" on which you base your arguments are, in fact, hoop. That you deleted your original post suggests that perhaps aren't so confident in your source after all...?

Don't get on your high horse about being a "lowly airline pilot" - no one has criticised your experience or right to comment but please don't assume that you being an experienced airline pilot makes you any cleverer than those of us that are equally experienced military pilots. I would never presume to tell you how to do your job so don't assume you know the first thing about mine. You're comparing Apples and Hoovers. Similarly, if you think that a slightly sleepy brit mil pilot is going to cause havoc in the airways of the UK then I dread to think what the legions of dodgy foreign charter and cargo aircraft there will do (or indeed, the legions of slightly sleepy UK airline pilots)....

Flight Safety isn't something that any of us thumb our nose at but at the same time, those that the pull the FS card over every minor issue are, frankly, abusing and devaluing the system and do themselves, and the rest of us, absolutely no favours at all