PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Miles Above in Unsafe Hands
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 14:40
scorpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
calm down guys

know a thing or two about indian aviation...faa comm 1996...indian 1997..finally employed 2002..first command 2006...second in 2008..currently on the bus..

prop strike in ab initio trg....landing on a taxiway/wrong runway...failing an faa exam...failing a checkride/recurrent sim...do any of the above mean you are incapable of making it as a pilot..a big NO!

guys all Training caters for "corrective training" which helps trainees/line crew to get upto the standards required by faa/dgca/airlines by imparting extra training flights/sim sessions...at the same time getting your first solo within 6hrs does not make you Top Gun...

yes we are all concerned about safety standards in the aftermath of the mangalore tragedy..but lets not trivialise the issue and take names of sons/daughters of dgca officials...being unemployed for 6 six long frustrating yrs, i share the pain of our out of job cpl holders...all i can say is hang in there..keep trying...aviation offers no shortcuts..you cant fault rahul gandhi for entering politics or abhishek into bollywood...

at the same time..please do not doubt the training standards of airlines or the trainers..we do fail people..not everyone has the same learning curve ...be assured you are SAFE when you fly in a commercial airliner in a VT aircraft (whoever made that comment needs to be....)...also a mere atpl does not overnight make you a captain...there are other reqts and a whole lot of training and checks..SAFETY is a big issue and we have come a long way in implementing a lot of safe practices..it will take time...

finally...not every flight is a mission against the Taliban even though some flights are challenging..short fields/critical fields ...
most flights are totally uneventful and very pleasant..yes you do get shaken up once a month..thats when you need to perform and keep your wits about you...I let my 250 hr fo's land under condtions specified in the car and co. sop..most do a fine job..some dont...you correct them or take over (bus drivers need to press and take over!!)...SIMPLE!