PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viking Airlines
Thread: Viking Airlines
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 13:23
oliversarmy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thrush,

"So, Phil Wyatt aka Black Pearl Investments and brother Dim Jim have done it again."

"BUT from a professional pilot's point of view"

Insulting a colleague isnt what I would call the comments from a "professional" (pilot) however I digress.

Firstly the Sunwing crews do indeed have work permits, Viking worked extensively with the UK Border Agency to ensure that EVERY crew member operating here in the UK did so legitimately, regardless of whether they were here for a day, a week or for months at a time.

With regards to your issues with Canadian crews operating here in the Europe/UK - this isnt unique to Viking and has been and is being done by numerous other UK and European airlines, including the big two groups of TOM and TCX, if only the brits travelled as well !!

End of rant to Thrush but moving on in general.....

The debate as to whether Viking will "survive", I find the debate quite unhealthy and goulish, your words whether spoken or written are obviously your own point of view but can only go to damage the company in the long term, what suppliers are you discouraging from working with Viking? how many staff are now concerned about their future? and ultimately how many fare paying passengers reading this will not book with Viking just because of your hearsay and gossip.

Very few people on these forum's know the true position of Viking which is exactly why nobody was on here predicting the demise of Kiss, Goldtrail, Sun4U, let alone the numerous airline failures in the last few years.

I think if we all put as much effort into supporting this industry (industry not airline) that is on its knees the sooner it can get back to being a leading force in Worldwide and European aviation and not a second rate industry financed outside of its home country.

End.

OA