PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA License
Thread: FAA License
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2002, 23:11
slim_slag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The CAA can't do so (yet, anyway) because that would contravene the Data Protection Act.

Do we know it's the Data Protection Act? If you (the data subject) give written consent, your data can be transfered to those nasty non European places like the US

Why not just write to the CAA and give them permission - even instruct them - to release your data on request by the FAA. The letter goes in your file, and when the request arrives, the confirmation is sent.

Yeh, I know, things never work that way when dealing with these QUANGO type organisations.

Who is going to pay for it? And who gets the cushy job in the CAA to fly to the US on the junket to make sure the Yanks have got their act together? Ooo, I can hear the infighting already.

Call me a cynic, but I did some work for another UK regulatory body who had to share data with their US equivalent. It took over a year to get all the UK internal politics worked out, for the UK legal team to make everybody think they were important, and for the various memoranda be written. That was even though the 'data subjects' had given their written consent to the transfer of such data. The convenience of the 'customers' were the last things to be considered.