PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - final approach technique: pitch vs power
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 09:43
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't patter both at the same time

And you put the one you are currently doing in the training records.

The point is that either method could be the best one for that particular student. And your job as a instructor is to be able to adapt to take into account your students mind set (don't know if mind set quite the right way of putting it)

Pitot covers on a tommy that would be a novelty.

The point that you start polishing the approaches is after solo and your getting them to link the control inputs. I must admit I don't put anything in the records about that. But as the approaches will be more than acceptable I havn't had an issue with a fellow instructor querying it. They get to just sit back and enjoy the view as the student takes them back.

Miroku thats unfortunate. I must admit that briefings thankfully have come back more into vogue these days. 10 years ago when I was instructing full time alot of the old school instructors were definately along the lines of brief on the taxi out which is crap. Yes I sometimes had to do it because the boss decided to squeeze an extra trial flight into the brief and debrief time of 2 lessons. In the end it was one of the reasons why I resigned.