PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annoying RT
Thread: Annoying RT
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 09:38
PaulW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the incorrect aircraft types passing over the threshold with conditional clearances, that was in no way a dig at the controllers, I am aware that the flight plans and aircraft type often get changed by the company and type may sometimes be incorrect through error in operations, Im just pointing out that the aircraft type is not always correct, for whatever reason. Repeatedly questioning did you mean this aircraft type will add to the controller work load. In the same way I couldnt tell the difference between a puma and a tiger or super puma? Do they look any different from the outside or is just different engines, avionics and gearbox? Its a bond, chc, or bristows helicopter to me.

Roger means message received edit apologies to ChestyMorgan Ive just read CAP 413 and indeed it does not say understood, but there is no confirmation for understood except reading it back. Apparently unless its important enough to readback a message only needs to be received.

So Ill go back and say I dont like the word copied..
CAP 413

Acknowledgements of information should be signified by the use of the receiving
stations’ callsign or Roger callsign, and not by messages such as: 'callsign-copy the
weather' or 'callsign-copy the traffic'.

Last edited by PaulW; 18th Aug 2010 at 10:02. Reason: edited to add a bit about aircraft type in ABZ i forgot