PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - final approach technique: pitch vs power
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 08:20
Falz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blimey MJ I do seem to have poked you with a stick.

Go back to my post; all through my training I was an attitude for airspeed. So no I am not unable to see the benefits of using it. As has been said before it is much easier to use it for FLWOPs.

However you seem to want to hold up the fact that you can and do patter both as all brilliant. I'm saying its confusing especially if the student has been pattered both and they get good enough that you can't tell what they are using anymore.

How on earth do you help them once you aren't quite sure what technique they are using? For that matter do you put it on the training records so that if you are ill and they come in to do some work so the next instructor knows how to help them?

Anyway when one of your students has an instrument failure they can roll out the fire engines and give enough runway they will get it in or maybe stall on finals. If they have the wrong angle to the point they are aiming at the have no reference to the speed they are doing. If they are high and to steep they will be to fast and low they will be to slow. They have no way of correcting the profile.
O aye stick that rpm on and that attitude in the window.
POWER and POINT, what was that about it not working?

I've never been called a fanatic before, thanks.

As for being determined to fly traumahawks like they are 747s...meh. I have no desire to fly the heavy metal I just want to be the best instructor.

[SARCASM] Oh and I think I know how they fix the pitot system when it isn't working, the engineers go out and remove the cover [/SARCASM]