PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spring Airlines Screening Update
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 06:26
PROBEUSMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air China doesn't bring you here to work until all your paperwork is complete, which means med cert, CAAC lic, and Airport ID. The airport ID is a security check. You are not working here until that is done, and you might not pass. So here is the rub - you pass the interview. You quit your present job to come work at Spring.Do the CAAC check ride. Fail, and you are out of a job, and you already quit your last one. 2 weeks later you get your license. Then they tell you it is 3 weeks for your airport ID. More than 3 weeks go by. Then they send you home, "waiting" for your airport ID.
If the Chinese cannot authenticate your background to their satisfaction (checking all the right boxes), it seems they would rather just send you home. It already happened to 1 expat here at Deer/Capitol a couple of months ago. I asked our "handler" about him and he said he probably was not ever coming back.
At least Capitol you come here AFTER you pass CAAC check ride, so there is only one other milestone to pass. Sounds like Spring has 2 speedbumps ahead, and remember, you have ALREADY given up your present job to come here.
The little info that I can get says that the easier your background check, the easier it is to get your airport ID. If you were living and working in your home country, and your home country complies with what the Chinese want (?????????) you should have no trouble. If you have been bouncing around the contract world, or from a country that makes it difficult to get background info, who knows. This is not hard and fast info, but our "handler" told me this, in broken english. He is new at his job however, and might not know what he is talking about.

Good luck to everyone that tries.