PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 06:08
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr FFS

spacecadet...440sft?!? In Mong Kok!?!? Are you for real? Nice try, but I think our intrepid cadets need better info than that. I notice you haven't included tax either, so add another $6-7000 per month. I doubt you work for CX or you'd know that $300/month for a mobile when you spend 10 days per month on roaming isnt even close. Just got my last bill, $1300 and I was on leave for a portion of that

Speedi, yes, you get staff travel to your home port for the first 6 months, then system wide after that. You could try living at home, but where will you stay when you are in HK? The Headland? And good luck getting on with your seniority, we are pretty full to almost all destinations. I guess it could work, but staff travel isn't exactly cheap either.

FLM....you ass Yes Yes, nevermind poverty and financial hardship for 4+ years, you get to sit up front of a shiny jet and stare out the window at the darkness during the back of the clock wireless work you'll be doing.... Other positives are you do get lots of time off to travel....hang on though, you won't be able to afford to get around and see anything, you'll be broke....oh well, maybe on overnights with the crew you can....hang on, you'll be holed up in your hotel room watching local language tv as you can't afford to go out.....Of course, on the positive side, you get a crap uniform to impress the ladies and your Mum with....

Ispahan, bases are in seniority order, why give them to the most junior crew? Because they aren't clever enough to see what a raw deal they are getting? TFB.

You have been warned.