PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 02:11
Zeddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regular Joe,

Had my spec testing for pilot this monday just gone. Within our group of 15 there were 2 that had ATCO as their first preference. I did my testing in Brisbane, so I cannot vouch for other recruitment centres but the ATCO's did mostly the same tests as us, apart from the instrument reading tests, visual interpretations and the maths reasoning. Expect to encounter a test on maths estimating, and a fairly heavy test involving hand-eye co-ordination and multi-tasking. From the sounds of it you sound prepared and ready to smash it. Good luck.
-Might also add that the above information is for the spec testing - the step after the YOU session.

Mudrat,

Good to see you still kickin' mate. I haven't been on PPrune for quite some time, and have just spent the last few days reading this thread in its entirety. I know this is severely delayed but congratulations on making it so far - and thanks for your info in return regarding the spec testing - made it through successfully, so moving towards my assessment day now. Hopefully get it locked in for mid-september.
Good luck with it all, and keep us posted on your progress...hopefully you get that call soon! Just had a friend who got an offer from the RAAF - he's off to OTS soon, lucky bastard.