PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2010, 00:25
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX

derelicte

I understand your point re Bristol airports location but at least it has a wealthy catchment area, which no doubt helps.

As for BHX, there was little chance with the EMA base and Ryanair moving in to BHX. However with EMA gone. FR stagnant at BHX and not least the persistence of BHX itself it was hoped that it might happen.

Not that BHX would want the same as what has happened at MAN, as BHX would not stand competition on MUC, CPH or ZRH. However the CAA stats are showing some significant increases on business routes and BHX is far from a basket case.

However the routes BHX probably want such as Madrid, Rome, Barcelona, Berlin, Venice, Stockholm and Helsinki have been tried before and failed. The difference though is that most of these were operated by airlines using a different business model and in most cases the pax were there but either the yields were not or even more likely the operating cost of the airline was such that the services were not viable.

As a previous poster has said it does not have to be a base as some of the routes mentioned are bases already. easy have held slots for a couple of these routes in the past although that does not mean much, I know.

windshear12

I trust you mean "projected yields" when comparing BHX to other European potential bases, as for eight months of the year there are none from BHX.

Pete