PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spring Airlines Screening Update
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2010, 22:48
ratherbehunting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should note too that you can cab around pretty darn cheap here although the quality of the ride varies alot. Mostly you report to Terminal 1 to fly but they do have some trips out of PVG but they bus you there. As of today, Spring does not yet have expats flying the line but they have hired several and they are in the pipeline. They also have their own examiner as well.

I highly recommend that you get some sim time if you can before the interview and be mindful of politics everywhere. The chinese are strange people - old civilization that is discovering itself lately and one minute you are driving thru slums, then next ultra modern stores and high rises. The oddest moment I saw was on the subway, when a young chinese couple with two young children entered....they all stopped staring at me and started staring at these folks probably wondering how they got around the one child policy.

If you choose to live near a subway line, the problem arises in that you have to subway to terminal 2, then take the bus over to terminal 1 and then walk to Spring headquarters (5 minutes or less) - all doable but a pain imho. But many other Shanghai airlines are doing similar arrangements as well. Trips starting out of PVG one week, then ZSSS next week. Of course cabs are cheap almost anywhere.