PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you think Pilot's Pay demands will end in a Strike at BA?
Old 6th Aug 2002, 21:13
Shadowpurser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not denying CC are getting overpaid in some areas. But BA is full of people that are on contracts that have an inch of dust on them!! They are earning shedloads because that's what it says in their ex BOAC - B CAL. contracts they can earn. If I myself ever became a CSD (yes M.Mouse I do know a good thing. That's why I'm not a shop manager and indeed why you are not too) I would not earn half as much as some of the CSD's at LH LHR now - I haven't taken home more than £1000 for 2 months now!!! But I'm prepared to wait my turn and hopefully reap the benefits eventually.

Oh by the way - at the moment if I do want to try my arm at LHR I have to give up my rank and seniority for the privilage (which is why I've turned it down twice!) - would you do that?

I'm not denying the allowance system is a bit strange - but if I'm not correct the pilots also opperate on the same system at LHR and LH LGW (I'd love to be on it!!). If you want to try the hourly rate system at SH LGW be my guest and transfer down here - look forward to seeing you all on a ALC charter very soon!!

Just a thought - but I'm also of the opinion if you pay peanuts you get monkeys! The people I fly with are some of the finest ambassadors for a company you could hope to have.

Oh yes the union thing - I belong to CC89 not BASSA - but I do agree your union is toilet. All those subs and all you get is hundreds of A4 envelopes in the post every year!! I'd be upset too!!!

Last edited by Shadowpurser; 6th Aug 2002 at 21:18.