PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 17th Aug 2010, 20:22
fly2AK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skysod- you seem to be a rarity here, as I too am on my second year I see many that are not happy with how things have turned out. I don't think I neccessarily net more here than I did in my home country as a captain. Now with that said, I am hopeful FD will come around and improve morale and live up to some of the promises they sold most of us on prior to employment here. I think most of us are giving the company 2 -3 years and if things don't improve many will leave between that time frame. I meet very few pilots that say they love it here in Dubai and with FD, but more power to you. I see the industry starting to improve next year and as that happens we will see who is truly happy here and who is not. Everyone has to make their own decision whether FD is the place for them or not, but you should have the honest facts before formulating that decision. All of my friends that ask about FD, I tell them the truth and after they know the facts, none of them want to come here. I wouldn't quit your job and leave your home country to come here, but that is just my opinion. I might add as a pilot at FD, ex-xl's is getting some pretty accurate information so I wouldn't disregard his post.

Last edited by fly2AK; 17th Aug 2010 at 20:34.