PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF on Radio 4 Now
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2010, 19:52
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
So on the basis that RAF movements system is rubbish (by the way, I saw more Army movers this summer in theatre than I did RAF), our AT fleet is knackered (so would your Challengers be if they were bought second hand and then run into the ground) and we can't march (I didn't notice much requirement for me being able to march in theatre), let's just disband the RAF.

Obviously a well reasoned, logically thought out and presented argument there. Almost up there with the 'because I said so' line you resort to when you know you have lost an argument with a child. Just the sort of line I have come to expect from senior army officers and washed-up ex senior army officers.

As for that clown Kiley and his
"The existence of the RAF creates a muddle, They work for the Army , they might as well be in it"
No, the RAF doesn't work for the Army. There are parts of the RAF currently engaged on operations as the supporting element, commanded by the CFACC. On a UK national level, the RAF 'works for' Defence as part of the MOD. It only creates a muddle if you are irretrievably stupid or have absolutely no understanding of Defence and its structures.

Harrier pilots, RAF mechanics, ...I haven't met a single one who wouldn't be happy to integrate into one single force"

"There is considerable love for Harrier pilots and there is nothing but awe for Chinook pilots and they all should be part of one force"
I'll give you a hint Mr Kiley - they are already part of one force, the Royal Air Force. And if you can't find a single one that doesn't want to move across to the Army, then you obviously haven't looked very hard.

It's so frustrating trying to have a reasoned argument with people that have absolutely no clue whatsoever