PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF on Radio 4 Now
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2010, 19:28
minigundiplomat

Received 188 Likes on 72 Posts
If the Army and Navy really want the RAF, let them have it. It's FUBAR'ed anyway and the blame for that sad fact rests not with either the RN or Army.

For years we have promoted a culture of saying yes, without thinking about the consequences. We have put an individuals ability to act as treasurer for the local brownies on a par, if not above, their ability to lead, motivate or do their job.
We have promoted people beyond their ability, and out of awkward situations. Most of all, we have all sat back and gone with the flow.

Those that like wearing green will stay, those who don't will leave. Of those who leave, the vast majority (possessing most of the experience)will do very well. There will be naysayers and doomsters, but hey, looking at these threads there will be if they stay anyway.

I find it just a little sad that after years of busting a gut to help out the guys on the ground, their counterparts would turn on you for the promise of a few clapped out aircraft and some crumbling infrastructure.

The RN I can understand; this loomed as a one or the other fight and I don't blame them for weilding the knife. The Harrier debacle didn't cover anyone in glory either.

However, the Army have not come out of this smelling of roses. I have nothing but respect for the majority on the ground, and a certain QHI from Wattisham who pulled our nuts out the fire one night, but Tim Collins et al have done you no favours.

Last edited by minigundiplomat; 17th Aug 2010 at 19:48.