PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The RAF had no nukes until the Early '60s
Old 17th Aug 2010, 18:24
Dick Whittingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go back to RIH’s first post. This is a statement of unsupported allegations, not only the general statements that “the RAF had no nukes until the early 1960s” and “The UK's cold war effort was purely propaganda” but some details about the production of fissile material.

Now the statement about “nukes” imprecise though it is, has been comprehensively trashed on this forum. The statement about “propaganda” is so inclusive that it has to be untrue. Refer to Prof Carl Popper, “Der Logik der Forschung”. (Did you like that – it is one of RIH’s favourite gambits, to throw in an impressive reference that may or may not be true

So why did RIH start the thread in the first place? Clearly he is no universal expert. He thought the Thor was a defensive missile, and his statement that you had to have supercomputing power to develop swept wings was politely dismissed by John Farley (and RIH’s retreat into Finite Element Analysis and FEM software simply shows he was wrong in the first place) And didn’t you like the way he tried to put down JF with “On the Application of Oblique Co-Ordinates to Problems of Plane Elasticity and Swept-back Wing Structures" (ARC R&M 2745) - Hemp (1950)” He got the title straight from the net.

So why? The tone of RIH’s posts is sort of vaguely student left wing, anti-capitalist, anti the “military/industrial complex. I think, and as RIH has said, I am entitled to my opinion, that he is a student wind-up merchant with a 21inch screen using the internet to show he knows all that we plebs don’t know.

Dick