PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Battle of Britain History - but not as we know it.....
Old 17th Aug 2010, 18:11
Wobbler Fang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agatha - Nice nick! I am very glad to hear that. Could you also re-link all the Luftwaffe pages missing under their header page too, as the map links don't work on the new site? And get rid of all the non-Battle of Britain types from the wallpaper gallery and calendar? (In fact, there is only one image from the period of the Battle in there.) And get someone to have a hard look at some of the press pack information, particularly the Spitfire and Hurricane page? And re-align then link the list of Commanders names on the Fighter Command Organisation page to the biography page of the Commanders? And take the bit about the map below off the top of that page as it doesn't exist any more and is on a different page? Finally, could you re-establish the roll of honour of pilots who fell in the Battle, since that seems to have disappeared completely.

There are many more lesser errors, perhaps having someone look at it with a bit of a toothcomb might be in order, particularly with reference to the excellent original site which is still available from your old history section.

Can I just ask, did anyone actually read these pages before they transferred them? I think this is an intolerably poor show for the RAF's premier Battle in its 70th Anniversary year. How many schoolchildren view this as their premier source of information for course work?