PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 17th Aug 2010, 18:04
Antani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coto, the very same question was asked at one of the USA information session. The HR girl said that she understands the problem that might pose, so if we are unconfortable with this we should use some other reference, as long as they are reliable.

Royalblue, as far as being called shortly after the roadshow, as you were told, I was also told it takes 2-3 weeks, but if you read my post a couple of pages before this one, I have been on the shortlist now for 1 year and still no call. I was told on another forum that they are now calling people with A320/B737 experience or bigger airplanes, once that pool is dry they will call guys with smaller jet experience. I understand it is their Company and they do what they prefer, but I still think it is unfair to those of us who work in regions where you will never see anything bigger than an Embraer (USA) as compared to those who are lucky enough to go straight to a 321 or 767 like in Europe. So 8,000 hours, 5,000 in jets over 30 tons (no Airbus or Boeing though) 3,000 of which are PIC and I am still waiting. Nothing against them, I just believe that although I am not Chuck Yaeger, I have a little more experience than one of my former students who was lucky enough to go straight to the 321 in Europe. Hopefully one day the call will come.