PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 17th Aug 2010, 15:59
trent1974

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you really think your boss is going to fire you because you went for a job interview? I think people get waaaaaaay to worked up over this! I have told every one of my bosses since the beginning that I was looking to go somewhere else and never had a single issue.

If you're working for a boss that petty and vindictive then you have every cause to be looking for another job.

To answer your question here is the info (although, if you've been invited then you already have this),

Please arrive with up-to-date referees and contact details and enter this information on the form provided. You are required to provide names, contact telephone numbers and email addresses of at least three referees from Management (a minimum of two from your current employer, including one who has flown with you. If you have been with your current employer for more than five years, please provide three referees from this employer). A colleague or peer is not acceptable as a referee. As we contact referees early in the process, it is essential that you provide us with referees you are comfortable for us to contact immediately following the selection program.

P.S. If Emirates is checking your references then you are essentially hired (unless of course, you get a horrible reference). They don't check your references until after you have completed the entire selection program.