PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Troops returning from Helmand pay for own flights
Old 17th Aug 2010, 15:52
Biggus

Received 72 Likes on 33 Posts
Cessnapete,

You came onto this thread and made some pretty specific comments, about Tristar crews getting little sleep, shared accommodation, the inability to get food at Akrotiri outside the standard meal times, rooms in Akrotiri not being "made up".....if I remember correctly.

I say "if I remember correctly" because the post isn't there any more, unless I am going blind (possible - I am getting old). I don't suppose you DELETED IT did you? As it is in post 49 Stoppers is replying to comments from you, but at this point you don't appear to have made any.

Stoppers came back and responded to some of your specific comments about Akrotiri, which I see you have made no comment on. Blighter pilot also agreed with him.

Neither Stoppers or Blighter criticised you personally. It was you who brought in all the puerile "..what would I know I'm only a long haul airline pilot..." and "..I've got 15,000hrs+ world wide heavy jet experience..." type comments. Well, Stoppers is Hercs, not Tristars, but I'm sure in the last 15 years he has spent more than 15,000 hours on the ground at Akrotiri and sandy places further east. I am far more likely to believe someone who has been there than a civilian airline pilot, no matter how good or experienced (which is not relevant), who hasn't. Where did you get your information from, a Tristar guy in the pub who was trying to "big up" his time out there.

Come out and defend your comments rather than deleting then, and you might earn some respect.

Oh, by the way, I've also spent many hours on the ground at Akrotiri (and further east), but not that recently, and what Stoppers and Blighter say ties in with my own personal experience.....

Reference your comment about time to give in - please DO!