PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - kenya airlines 737-800 missing
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2010, 13:33
B777Heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commenting on Arkroyal: "Remembers Capt. was ex=military. You could be right. What I know is, he was employed by KQ as a flight steward initially, then after a couple of years KQ was recruiting some pilots and he applied and was accepted. What I don't know is whether KQ sponsored his training or not, since he was already working with them or where he was sent for training. That I don't know.
Paid for his own training in the US.

1. Management gave in to KALPA when they threatened an all-out strike to prevent expats joining.
2. KALPA even managed to get IFALPA to issue a Notice advising pilots not to join KQ . This was without any 'normal' basis , ie KQ had not sacked anybody etc.
3. Cannot believe any Captain would take an order over the phone to take-off ever , especially in such dire conditions. This is one rumour too far.
4. I fly the 800 , it is a fine aircraft , but like any aircraft it does not like flying in Thunderstorm cells.
1.Not true, get your facts right...since when do managements listen to unions to this extent? I know a few KALPA members and this isnt the case. What does the case of having foreigners fly in the airline have to do with the crash? Are you saying local pilots are "inferior"? I have flown in places with several diverse nationalities, some are good, some crap. It has nothing to do with nationalities or backgrounds!
2.I dont know whether this is true either! From my sources, its not true
3.Nope, according to some people I had talked to, it was more of a case of "get- thereitis"