PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gee Day Workers....
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2010, 11:41
IFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wraith

Sadly I agree with a lot that you say, however the fact that you could earn as much flying for another company or that you enjoy other forms of aviation is not really the issue I raised with you.

You are right to say that as a member you can voice your opinion and that it is just that. The point is that you constantly very rudely say how the GC is wrong and thus I have to presume you know a better way of dealing with the company. In fact you are always offering radical solutions for all our wows which at present the AOA will not employ. If as you say the present GC is not good enough to do this job, but you are, then why do you refuse to stand for election and improve the lot for everybody rather than barack from the sidelines?

You have lots to say about how bad things are and how our fortunes could be reversed if only people would follow you. Well if you really want people to follow then put yourself up for election and present a manifesto to the membership. It is clear that you feel you could do better so prove to us all how good you really are.

By the way who says that those elected are good at what we the membership expect them to do. The simple truth is that these individuals give freely much of their time and effort and I have much admiration for them undertaking such a thankless task. However, good intentions does not mean that they will be class negotiators etc.

In summary I object to your anonymous criticism of volunteers that give freely their precious time. People like you make a thankless task even less appealing. Why would anybody want to represent somebody who is happy to throw personal offensive insults from a position of anonymity. To me that is nothing short of cowardice.

My suggestion to you is:

1. Use the AOA forums where you can get GC answers to you many questions and if necessary provide counter arguments when you think the GC is wrong.

2. Quit the offensive drivel. You are hurting the membership by ensuring possible good quality candidates pass up the idea of election. Additionally your caustic comments in a public forum ensuring the those who are not AOA members maintain that status and thus weaken our overall appearance in the eyes of the company.

3. Try to use your energy and enthusiasm to help us not hinder