PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2010, 06:52
Firestorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilots generally will complain about Ts & Cs, and in the case of Fly BE the complaints would seem justified. You may well be warming up your escape plans, but It appears to me that there aren't many places to go, and that most of the places to go are probably in the Middle East at the nearest, and the number of people who are willing and able to make that move will be limited so maybe it is time for pilots to show a bit of solidarity and community spirit (The BIg Society idea perhaps) and provide a bit of resistance to the company policy. You pay a fee to BAPLA to be a member so why not get a bit of value from it instead of reading the Log, and then moving off somewhere else.

Just to put this into context I have been out of work for about 18 months having been made redundant from a low cost airline and really hope to get back into an aeroplane soon (as a pilot). Fly BE is looking like one of the very few that might be able to offer me a job, and I would like it to be a decent offer seeing as I will probably be bonded for 3 years or so before I can make another move if necessary.

Even if you are hoping to move off to another airline or another country you owe to yourselves to make an effort to improve Fly BE's Ts & Cs: your escape plan may not come to fruition as soon as you expect so why not make the place you're at a bit better for your self before you move on and improve your career?

I maintain that airlines like Fly BE have two types of pilots: those with escape plans, and liars! Good luck to all of you in your efforts to get a better place to work be it improving Fly BE or moving elsewhere.