PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duty free in the skies
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2010, 00:24
robtheblade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the drinks are too expensive which is the airline's fault. - and when they're free, the results are the CC's fault. It's tough to see how the business can win under that scenario. Interesting to note that whichever way the airline turns, it can not be the 'fault' of the individual customer involved, who of course has the freedom to choose whether to consume alcohol or not, and whether to get drunk or not.

Sorry to have to disagree Tightslot.

Just where did I say it can not be the fault of the individual customer involved? What I said was that I have seen CC give alcohol to customers that were very much the worse for wear. Just how does that line up with CC keeping an eye on customers to make sure they do not have too much?

WRT charging, yes it is a scam to charge $7 for an alcoholic drink. AF, BA etc seem to be able to offer a glass of wine with my meal, but the American airlines have to charge. Same route, same ticket price. I love a drink whilst flying but of course using my freedom to choose whether to pay or not, I go without.

RTB