PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - a quick hello...a few questions
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2010, 19:00
Adam1919

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone.

Valid comments about some negativity on the site as the more I read some people are a little 'glass half empty' or at least that would be the view from what they say.

ROI is not the main reason I am doing this, I should replace that with 'paying my bills'. At the moment I have a good job in business and I live a decent living, married to an accountant means this has been this way for a while. I want to become a commercial pilot for the love of it not for the money, I probably earn more now than the starting salaries of some FO.

If I can realise my goals i will view it like this:

Just pass my licences but never get a job - Achieved a life long goal and flying will be a hobby.

Pass all my licences and secure an average commercial/instructing flying job - Same as above but great to earn a living from something I love too.

Pass all my licences and eventually get a job with well known airline - My ultimate goal in life.

So as you can see I have thought about this and also what happens if I fall short of my ultimate dream, there will still be achievements. I am realistic as you can see but know I have a long way to go. My first hurdle is successful completion of my PPL which I am hoping to complete by summer next year, then onward from there. If worst case scenario is I have my licences, owe some money and can still continue with my career I can live with that and be proud of myself.

thanks to everyone who made constructive comments and took their time to post a message, it really helps. Regs on here muct get a little fed up of wannabes like me asking the same questions with high aspirations but I cant speak for them or the posters, I just wanted to know what I wanted to know and your answers have given peace of mind, on a realistic level of course - who knows whats round the corner in life. If you can go for it, you always should in my book.

cheers