PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 70 for international pilots?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2010, 18:01
lambourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said.
Should I be unlucky enough to have a guy like this as a First Officer, he would be booted out on his ear at the first opportunity....make no mistake.
And, what's more...the company would back me up one hundred percent.
That may be the case at your company but not mine. The rule is that if removed from a trip the pilot is paid. My company is at least wise to the fact that not everyone that calls to have someone removed from a trip is not the offending party themselves. Everyone gets paid and the PSC gets involved. So please throw me in that briar patch. Also, what is the complaint you will levy? I don't offer to fetch you items? I don't speak to you other than for cockpit duties and I would in no way associate with you on layover? The rest of the crew does not invite you to join them at the pub?

Please tell me you are going to have a better argument than that. When you go to the Chief Pilot and tell him you cost the company a few extra thousand dollars by having to pay TWO pilots for the same trip. He is going to want to know the details. Telling him your feeble, senile sense of self worth has not been acknowledged and the other kids at school don't let you play ball, may not make him appreciate your uniqueness either. Nice one old man, now that is going to make you look the fool. Also, if you are going to toss me from a trip can you make sure to do it on a weekend?

With any luck in 849 days you guys will start retiring again. That is the ones that actually live that long. Just read about one of our over 60 pilots almost croaking on a European layover last week. Almost 300 passengers inconvenienced by this guy due to the cancellation of the return trip. With any luck that was his last flight. Nice way to leave the profession, on a stretcher! Perhaps if more of you old guys start dropping at work, it will help keep any rumblings of Age 70 to rest, or should we say bury any thought of a change or my favorite ***throw dirt on raising it higher***

Had a nice chat with a fellow F/O about the rumored increase. His take was spot on. Said that he heard you old gompers were trying to organize an effort to increase the age. The only problem was every time you guys called a meeting. No one could remember what it was called for and you could never get a quorum due to over half the guys standing in the latrine willing something to happen.