PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 16th Aug 2010, 17:41
Smegward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Treebeard 04
If you read my post above you will see that I have also had a run-in with the Medical board and whilst mine is only a temporary ban I fought tooth and nail to get the decision overturned, tracking down the original GP who said it was a mis-diagnosis and my current GP to write about my entire respiratory health and history to no avail. I also got a letter saying the ban still stood. I think it is promising that you are being seen by a military neurologist, if they didn't want you they wouldn't of wasted their time setting it up. Just keep on banging down those doors!

To Pontius Navigator
Thanks for the reply. It was my fault for not being clearer. The reason for my bar from service was in my medical records, not discovered whilst at OASC. So it was 4 years from the date of the diagnosis (or mis-diagnosis!). The letter from the President of the medical board states May 2011 as the next time I will be eligable. Just add a bit of clarity!