PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gee Day Workers....
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2010, 17:17
The Wraith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoseGear,
I see your point and I do think the best way is that the AOA/us employ a professional negotiator who is not threatened in the face of the likes of Tyler and co. I know the AOA say there is no point as the company will refuse to negotiate with this person....of course they will refuse because they know that now instead of going up against a pilot they will now be going up against someone as hardnosed and as good at bargaining as they are. But eventually the company will have no choice but to accept this person as part of the AOA team because the AOA member pilots will do whatever the Professional advises us to do, eg contract compliance etc, and the company will have to come back to the table. I also think that should the AOA finally employ some REAL teeth in this way, the membership would soar. And I for one would happily see my subs increase to pay for it.
Imagine Tyler sitting opposite the likes of Sir Alan Sugar or people of his ilk....we would be seeing a lot less of "smug Tyler" and a lot more of "worried Tyler".