PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Navy to Buy F18F
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2010, 11:10
cornish-stormrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been keeping schtoom about this one for a week or so just in case - not wanting to blow my own trumpet but I am distantly related to a VVIP ( no names no clues or I get a black Omega tail ) and we had a very interesting natter at a little family shindig. Said VVIP has a big input into the upcoming pain.

I voiced the side of the end user of kit - bloody industry etc and VVIP voiced the point of MOD/RAF keep buggering about with the spec.

We agreed on this, make no mistake - said VVIP is damn clever and well aware of various things and while there is going to be pain, oodles of, the gubmint is trying to walk the line between getting us out of debt and keeping us a viable nation with the needs of everybody, mil included.

Don't believe all you read in the mail or torygraph....

I wish I could say more but I can't - just keep faith with each other and STOP THE BLOODY INFIGHTING.

I also would like f-18g over a dave we might never see. All of you fretting that we wouldn't have the best shiny toy - we've managed it ever since we began haven't we?