PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happens between check in and boarding?
Old 16th Aug 2010, 11:07
Avman

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vld1977, FULL SERVICE airlines won't generally be petty enough to deny you check-in and boarding if you're a little late for a valid reason. That's because they generally still believe in providing their clients a SERVICE. Now, for all their given reasons, LCCs are a lot more pedantic because staff are simply not allowed any latitude in using a little common sense when it's needed. One of many reasons I don't fly RYR or EZY.

In fact, let me give you a typical RYR example which happened to a friend of mine. His flight from Charleroi to Prestwick was cancelled. The only option RYR could give him was to take a later flight from Hahn. As my mate was due to fly back to Charleroi two days later and be on duty later that day he needed to leave his car in Charleroi. He therefore made a long and arduous trip to Hahn using surface transportation. He arrived in Hahn 5 minutes past the check-in closing time (with hand luggage only) and was denied check-in! This, remember, after RYR cancelling his original flight some seven hours earlier in Charleroi. That sums up RYR's attitude to its customers and why they will never get a cent of my money.

Last edited by Avman; 16th Aug 2010 at 11:20.