PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad day at the office!
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2010, 07:49
Lancastrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an observer to this thread may I add a point or two. I have every sympathy with cabin staff who are having to deal with such people for the duration of a flight. Equally, travellers who have no intention of causing any form of disruption also become frustrated with some of the antics. I do feel that much of such behaviour stems from alcohol. Returning from Mexico a boozed up couple had no scruples about their attempted sexual misconduct no matter that there where children and disgusted passengers adjacent to their seat. On another flight a young man sporting headphones and engrossed in the seemingly funny movie (Simpsons) was laughing so loudly he drowned out the noise of the engines...and....kept catching an elderly couple with arms and feet. The holiday charter gets quite a share,(or did when I last flew) popping to the WC,within a minute banging on the door with raised voices. Outside were two mid life painted females, sloshed and being quite rude to all and sundry. The list is endless. All of this makes for quite a tense and fractious journey for all concerned. This particular cabin staff had taken enough. From the passengers point of view...I no longer fly unless absolutely necessary. Was there a time when flying was a joy for all...YES....flying with British Eagle in a turboprop Brittania with seat and leg room. Due to engine problems we eventually landed at Singapore thirty six hours later!