PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Basic CPL (A) Jobs
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2010, 00:09
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm well & truly past that step of the flying rung but some things remain the same in aviation. Ambition, determination & hope, have them & you will get there The journey of aviation from the onset of the flying bug has a funny way of weeding out those not genuinely interested.
I wouldn't pay too attention to the likes of 'morno' we each have our reasons as to how/why we got where we are today. I spent 600+ hrs worth of pvt flying before I went commercial but that suited me at the time as it was purely money based as in when I got it I spent it! There are no hard & fast rules as to how you amass hrs just keep adding to that tally, it's yr business how you want to go about it, right or wrong:-)
What 'A1B' said is probably good advice even though yr proud of that 'upper level' flying it seems to bother some whom are at the other end of yr CV so best not make that a point.
Having read a few other threads based on the same subject perhaps go get some C210/C206 time (self funded) as that seems to still be the base on which starting a career begins especially up Nth.
I feel one day cadet-ships will be the only viable way to that shiny jet job, how sad, progress I guess!.

Good luck it's still nice to hear/read that youngsters are doing (building hrs) out of the shear love of flying

Wmk2