PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 15th Aug 2010, 22:19
Charliethewonderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problems in Aviation stem from the conditions in GA. It's amusing that Pilots are now complaining about conditions at the top when they did nothing for them when they were down the bottom and still dont.
The cancer from GA has slowly spread to The Airlines. With the introduction of cadetships across the board the reliance on GA will further reduce it's importance.

You water a plant at the bottom. Fix GA conditions and you will solve the problem.

By the way I love the "I'm not a unionist and I dont vote Labor sentiment" but in the same breathe "we should all stick together as 1"??

Pilots sticking together???? lol.... Pilots circling looking for a better position at the expense of someone else is the common trait.

And it all started when that first Pilot agreed to pay for his endoresement .

We have our selves to blame..... So how do we fix it????? by doing it properly.

First fix the GA award so it can become a sustainable career that offers rewards greater than working at Coles. This will flow onto the regionals when they have to entice pilots with better conditions......and then onto airlines etc..

I hate looking back down at GA more than most of you..... but if you want to enjoy the view from the top then start caring about GA.