PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indigo Aviation Tanzania
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2010, 21:23
Round Engine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now boys, thats some silly talk there - which some,like me, will consider inflammatory! Indigo's problems actually have little to do with their choice of aircraft.

"What about parking charges, maintenance charges, parts, crew, fee's, navigational charges, landing fee's and what about money for new engines after they expire? " Disronny, I do believe that the DC-3 is not the only type of aircraft in the world to incur these expenses? Even a Caravan needs all of those?

Truth is if you don't pay your staff - especially when they have to be pretty clued-up fellas to operate a DC-3 - you WILL see your arse. Because all they'll do, is pack their bags and leave. Eventually, when word gets around enough, as has happened here, nobody will work for you.

That will happen no matter what type of aircraft you operate.

The most important thing in any airline is the quality of its managment, you don't need fancy facilities, new aircraft or anything like that. With strong managment you'll always get the job done - and thats all the client asks for. If you don't believe me, ask "Buffalo Joe" Mcbryan.

And yes....I am talking from experience....