PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2010, 16:15
traveller93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thunderbolt49

For someone that claims to be new here (I doubt it, but...) you are raising your "voice" (typing in bolds) far too much for the level intended here. Got it?

My interest in the MPL (worldwide) is because it represents a leap forward from the pilot training that has been in place for many decades. And that is good!!!

Being a new process, it needed, from the beginning, credible institutions to build the foundations from where to raise the necessary trust from the individual aeronautical authorities for acceptance. Unfortunately it did not happen there and everybody knows why.

Having said that, CIA has been doing a lot of work to repair the damage but the pace seems to be a bit slow for the immediate needs, until now.

That is why it is good news to read about all the new developments in respect of employment prospects for the MPLrs already qualified but without the necessary final experience to start drawing a salary. And this affects ALL the non-5J fully sponsored pilots. Best of luck to them!!! They deserve it!!!

If you had given yourself the trouble to read the threads on this subject, you would have seen that there were some fruitful discussions about the merits of making the MPL a generic license instead of an operator customised one. This, in my opinion and I repeat it, should be the way forward and CIA, with its experience, could help make a case to have the ICAO rules changed. Are they doing it? If yes, very good. If not, they should.

Can you see the advantages for everybody?

Finally, don't get too nervous about me making my points.... aviation is a serious business and it does not run only around ATTITUDE. This will only make sense if coupled with the most important word in aviation: SAFETY.

A proper ATTITUDE towards SAFETY will root out those who, as our colleague Mikideez (a wise man) said, think they know it all and I call "astronauts". Crazydud2000 forgets that one needs to be alive to make MONEY. Enough said.

So, whoever you are, take it easy, relax, keep on working on your attitude towards safety and remember that most of the aviators follow this matter with interest, as they might end up with one MPLr on the RH seat and they will want to feel SAFE as well as their passengers.

Have a good day.