PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deer Air
Thread: Deer Air
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2010, 15:27
PROBEUSMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAE also has a program (FAA certified) to remove the restriction. Maybe Pan Am does as well. I did it with FTI, and had to do it twice, as their program was not certified (my second was the certification sim).

I am currently in China with Capitol/Deer. I have been here almost 2 months, with pay, but still haven't turned a wheel (or stick). We have been treated very well, but it is very disorganized.

With all Chinese carriers you need to get a Chinese ATPL (written test), medical, and after that they apply for an airport ID, which is a security background check. Until you get thru this, you ain't working here. Air China does it before they have you come to work here. Capitol does it after you get here. The difference? You may not "pass". If you are from a country that doesn't comply with their paperwork standards, you may not pass, even if you are a friggin astronaut. There is a pilot from Europe that came here in May. They sent him home because his background check was taking too long. I thought he would eventually come, but I asked 3 days ago and they said "probably not". Maybe they don't want to spend the time. I don't know. I DO KNOW that if this guy gave up his last job, he got screwed.

Capitol has also changed their screening (maybe it will change again tomorrow). Now you have to come twice, once for the ATP and medical, and after that the sim. Then a 3rd time to come to work, after which they apply for your ID (security check), which you may not pass. Very difficult if you currently have a job. And if you give it up, and come and THEN fail the security check, you are done.

I think it will work out OK for me, but I am not sure if I could recommend it to anyone until they figure out what they are doing. If you are unemployed go for it, but to give up a job, and then have a reasonable chance of not getting this one, may not be worth the risk.