PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gee Day Workers....
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2010, 07:12
The Wraith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No. Should I?
Do you volunteer to work in Crew Control when you get a bad roster? Do you go work for STAR WORLD when you want to watch TV or do you just pay for the service?
I am a member and pay my subs and expect them to do what they say they will do which is fight for our rights as a CX workforce. If they need higher subs I will happily pay up.
I am not trying to be harsh here. But if people volunteer to do something and the organisation is funded by it's members then I don't expect to be constantly sold down the river and presented with reduced terms and conditions everytime they go into bat for us. And that is exactly what always seems to happen. They asked us to accept SLS with the promise of extended housing to 25 years....period. NOW here we are and they are talking about negotiating the TERMS of such an extension. I don't WANT them to be negotiating terms....there ARE no terms. It is 25 years of the current terms. Why won't the AOA for once grow some balls and stand their ground instead of always caving in to the company?

Last edited by The Wraith; 15th Aug 2010 at 07:23.