PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 70 for international pilots?
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2010, 05:47
lambourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does he look at company records, GD's, or peek at the guys passport to see if he's over 60 to select a behavioural mode, or is it simply on appearance or capability?
Our seniority list has all the ages of the pilots listed. The general declaration has all ages listed. Combine that with 20 years of flying with the same people and you have a base of knowledge for their ages.

A CD arrival = constant descent. Leave the holding fix and don't level off from that point to touchdown. Something my company says we do a poor job of complying with.

As to my choice of WB F/O vs NB Capt. I did fly Capt on both the Boeing and the Bus for over about 10 years. However, thanks to age 65 and recession we had surpluss pilots. My choice work 18 days a month as NB Capt or 9 to 11 days a month as WB FO for basically the same pay. While I know that is a decision the power hungry gummer crowd can't comprehend since you guys have not suffered any setbacks during your career. For you guys it has only been upward movement and no stagnation or reversal. It was an easy decision for me. I like my time at home and don't define my life as being an airline pilot like many of the antiques I work with. Also, being in the same came cockpit with the thieves of 65 allows me to bust their ego bubbles at every opportunity. Appears many have their testicles locked in a jar by their wives at home. Coming to work they hope to exert some type, any type of power they can muster. Ultimately they will be off on a tangent and wrong, again. It would be sad to watch if it was for someone which I had even a modicum of sympathy. Instead it makes for some great laughs with the rest of the crew in the "debrief" at the hotel, while the old man is still roaming the hallways trying to find his room.

Ah the things that make this job fun.