PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 15th Aug 2010, 03:18
FGD135

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What JQ are trying is a new low.
Not really. This is about making flying cheaper for the public. Airlines have been doing this since the 1920s.
And the best PR winner in this regard is the Garuda 737 prang that killed the Aussie journalists.
You'll have to do better than that. Aussie pilots make mistakes and have accidents too. If you think you can just point to one or two foreign accidents to make your case then you have lost before you have begun.

I agree that pilot standards depend largely on where the pilot was trained and flew but it is not fellow pilots that you are making your pitch to. For this "campaign" to have any success, it must have some appeal to the general public (via the media).

I respectfully suggest that you need to put more work into the case.

What is even more appalling is that their own Chief Pilot and Standards Manager support Reg's actions.
I think you fail to understand the role of these individuals. Their role has nothing to do with industrial relations or protecting aussie jobs.

Their concerns would be about the standards of the foreign pilots - but at the same time, would be strongly of the belief that the checking and training system will weed out those unsuitable.