PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 70 for international pilots?
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2010, 23:52
777fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm really enjoying this thread! Not sure if Lambourne is serious, or just winding us up. but if his observations are true it's a worrying perspective on the standards of his current airline.
Maybe the decline in the ability of his older peers is that they are all 'good ole boys' who have spent years and years of their career being told what to do by the flight dispatcher and have been carried along by an operational system (company ops and ATC) which slowly erodes the decision making and perceptive capability. What is important is knowing or recognising the point where one's operating standards are falling short and it seems that Lambourne is flying with people who no longer acknowledge that.
I would like to know how Lambourne decides to act in the way he does. Does he look at company records, GD's, or peek at the guys passport to see if he's over 60 to select a behavioural mode, or is it simply on appearance or capability? I have flown with aged looking 45 year olds who have all of the degenerate attributes so detested by Lambourne. Conversely, I operate regularly with some over-60's who look 45 and would probably put you in the shade in every way. Some of them are ex US majors too, so no bias.
Please let me know what a CD arrival into LHR is. I seem to be having a senior moment........