PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New EY Interview Format
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2010, 21:34
mideastflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview

Hi all,

I have been reading Pprune for years but never really made any posts. But as i just moved to the Middle east i decided to write my first and give some information which i hope is useful.

I attended the EY interview a while ago. It was the old type of interview based on what i read. The process seems the same but the main change is the change in the Tech exam which is now Fcom 1. The process was pretty straight forward with all the usual emails about paperwork and documents. It does take time but i did get a reply.

The flight was Economy class as mentioned and you need to wear suitable clothes but the flight was really nice and the crew very nice too. The hotel and transport was good near the airport and so short travel time. The day of the interview we were all picked up about 20 of us and taken to the EY training center. We were met by some pilots from the EY recruitment department and two ladies from the recruitment department too. We were given a brief which was frank and honest but the atmosphere was really nice and friendly the whole day. I never felt any feeling of arrogance from any of the pilots there and the guys that attended all said the same. We did an english, Tech and group excercise test followed by an interview which mainly was from Fcom 3. It was a long day but food and drinks were provided the whole time. At the end we were told if we passed and when our pick up would be the next day.

The second day was the simulator. Its pretty straight forward, mainly visual approach followed by a go around then engine failure. Then come back with no automation for a single engine raw data approach.

The third day was the medical which is long as you need to go to two places but straight forward.

Anyway at the end of it all i did take the job in EY and so far so good. The A320 is hard work but i knew that and we were actually told to expect that. We all have our reasons for joining any airline but so far my experiance is ok.

I hope this helps and gives you all an idea of what to expect. So best of luck to you all wherever you go.