PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Co Pilot PICUS time
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2010, 19:10
Agaricus bisporus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen, (Ladies too), It appears that I have been somewhat hasty, not to say incorrect re no mention of PF for which I apologise.

I know that LASORS is not the law too, merely guidance, and have not changed my view on the incorrect and inappropriate way that P1us is commonly (mis)applied in the UK.

I would be interested to see how those with a better grasp of JAA law than me interpret this minefield, with published references to the legal documents involved. Please!

And for those who wish to justify that LASORS lets you claim P1us willy-nilly on handling sectors (it does not) it also states that the Capt has to certify this with a signature. You can't have it both ways. No signature, no logbook entry. Plus quite a few other conditions too.

And why, why, why, if you've done the preparation, couldn't you log it on all sectors? What on earth is there about t/o and landing that makes you capable of acting as P1 but cannot when the other guy is flying? This is so irrational and idiotic it makes a complete nonsense of the whole idea!

What really is happening here is that a shoddily written and poorly defined CAA advice pamphlet (containng no references) is being quoted as "legislation" and is then being widely misapplied against professional standards, logic and the spirit of the law, if not the law itself and to the unfair and unreasonable advantage of certain people in order to gain a Professonal qualification (ie ATPL); yet the UK CAA seems, bizarrely, to be complicit in it.

This travesty as suggested by LASORS is a sad mockery of the real intention of the rules. But just what are those rules? Anyone with the time and effort to clarify?

Even so, as Professionals I think we all know what P1us is; it's purpose, it's rationale, it's value, what it is for, and how it should to be implemented. What is being proposed above is so far from that as to be unrecognisable.

If find it rather amusing people will come up with any means to log "command time", when they are not actually in command!
Quite so!

It just ain't right!

Last edited by Agaricus bisporus; 14th Aug 2010 at 21:55.