PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2010, 15:26
traveller93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welll…. There’s life in this thread after all.

@paolylo. Even third-hand info is something to give those poor guys some hope of finishing the longest pilot course on record.

I only don’t think it is “another point on the scoreboard for Clark Aviation”. It is only a coincidence that PAL’s pilots are leaving in droves and the opening could be there. If it is, then the guys should take the oportunity.

@Mikkideez. I second your words that the MPL program is the way for pilot training in the future. Pity that CIA has made such a mess with the self-sponsored cadets that paid a fortune for a dream that is taking far too long to materialise.

Your comments regarding the “astronaut” at 5J is something that all MPL (and others) grads should think about. Without the right ATTITUDE there is no place for such people on the RH seat of a commercial airliner.

@Bennyboy1. Great news!!! But are you sure that CIA MPL pilots have been placed in all those airlines? Other than 5J I have not heard, or read, anywhere that has happened. It sure should have made the news… The PPRuNe threads on Air Arabia don’t mention any MPLs intake and AA also needs pilots.

Could you give more details?

To all. As I said from the beginning, the MPL program is the way of the future and CIA was the pioneer but screwed it up by the way it went about it. Others are taking advantage and profiting greatly by doing things right. CIA can also do it but needs, first, to clean the bad name it made by taking non fully sponsored candidates and promising them a career.

Fix the problem (find them jobs) and the industry will look at CIA as a honest enterprise. That is the way to create confidence in the MPL (it should be a generic type rated license, anyway) as discussed here before.