PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - pilotwarehouse.co.uk
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2010, 15:19
singaporegirl

stiletto psychopath mk4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did receive what I ordered, finally - only after I had cancelled the order in writing and after I had received the goods from another supplier! I am now chasing for a refund.

The relevant legislation is the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations. The guidance to traders from the Office of Fair Trading states:

A contract must be carried out within the time limits agreed with the consumer as stated in your terms and conditions. If no period has been agreed, the statutory time limit is 30 days from the day after the day the consumer sends the order to you.

If you cannot meet the 30 day deadline to deliver the goods or perform the service, you must inform the consumer before the expiry of the deadline. You and the consumer may agree a revised date for delivery of the goods or performance of the service. But the consumer does not have to agree to a revised date. If they do not agree to a revised date, the contract must be treated as if it had not been made, apart from any rights that the consumer has under it as the result of the non-performance.

If you are unable to meet the deadline and have not agreed an alternative delivery date with the consumer, you must refund all money paid in relation to the contract including the postage and packaging. The refund should be made as quickly as possible and within a maximum of 30 days.
If you have no luck and paid by credit card (over £100), under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act you are also able to claim a refund from your credit card company.