PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you think Pilot's Pay demands will end in a Strike at BA?
Old 6th Aug 2002, 10:33
Shadowpurser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Studi

I'm affraid buddy if you love being crew (as I do!) and you would like to pursue it as a career, BA is the airline to be with. It has far better pay and promotional prospects than any of the other UK airlines. If you stay for over 20 years and make it to CSD you'll be doing very nicely! I suspect your not part of BA, if your were you'll know that there are lots of crew there who have been flying with them 15-20 yrs plus. Even people on the new contract realise BA is a great company to work for as crew as you are well looked after and the job is stress free most of the time, and who doesn't want a stress free life and cheap holidays? PLUS your earning potential (at LH LHR - the holly grail BA for crew wanting to maximise earnings) is fantastic! You can earn twice as much than if you were a nurse or a shop manager for example, so why leave? Only problem is that people can't afford to leave as they are used to a standard of living they could not get with a job on the ground, so they are locked into a job they perhaps are bored of or hate