PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 70 for international pilots?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2010, 22:32
batsky2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that the real point that is missed is that I don't care if a 70 year old passes his PC, we all know that the people at Flight Safety and Simuflight give lots of space when you screw up and sometimes just forget about it, so from what I have seen over the years, unless you really screw up, they will pass you. And I also don't care if they pass a medical. The real problem that is overlooked and I have seen it many times with some of the older over 65 year olds that I have flown with at my company is that their COGNITIVE Reasoning and thinking abilities are very weak. It takes them much longer to figure things out. In my last PC, I felt like I had to coach my partner who had twice as many hours as I did, sure he can fly the airplane, and sure he can pass his medical, but when faced with an emergency, the deer in the headlights look is the image I saw. All I can say is that it does not matter that they have 20+ years of experience and 20,000+ hours of flight time, there cognitive skills diminished over time, as will mine and yours. I for one would not want to be in a plane with two 70 year olds at the helm.....