PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbulence: PA28 vs Pipersport
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2010, 20:54
Rod1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpreadEagle

Just to make sure I have got this straight.

You said;

“Czech Republic with a guy who had a kit built for him. After it was built and signed off by the LAA, he had some experts look over it for him. It cost him an additional £12,000 just to get all the avionics redone and had to sell it as seen, to someone else as he couldn't fly it in the state it is. It was full of stupid errors like the gascolator pointing forwards into the airflow. The whole thing needs a rebuild. For the peace of mind he has just taken delivery of his new factory built aircraft There is a bit of a buddy culture in some parts of the LAA, and so things get signed off that shouldn't. However you are the one signing to say you built it all along the way, and should you report someone for building dangerous aircraft, then they ground yours, leaving you between a rock and a hard place, so the builder just moves on. If you want a good builder I will recommend you one. I don't sell kits or get kick backs so it will be based purely on the aircraft I have seen them turn out.”

You sell the Pipersport in the UK.

You are offering a service to get LAA aircraft built professionally.

You can prove that if you report an illegal builder your own aircraft will be grounded.

Rod1