PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2010, 19:58
mm43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D Bru wrote:-

But I base myself on the 02:14 ACARS Advisory Cabin Vertical Speed message. Assuming that 447 @ 2:10 at LKP was still at its FL350, it took still four minutes of flight from there before the CVS + 1800 ft/min message.

I stand to be corrected, but wouldn’t that imply that the V/S of 447 from LKP until then could not have been as such to make it end up (very) close to LKP.
This interesting analysis of the Vertical Speed at impact has been published by Matthew Squair - an engineering systems analyst. Well worth a look.

HN39, JD-EE;

I tend to favour a scenario where the main wing spar remained substantially intact and attached to the midships section of the hull. The hull and the wings were of course ruptured, and the time for water to permeate where it could was probably in the order of a minute or two, then buoyancy was lost. Kerosene not already released would continue to do so as the craft sank. Remember, only a limited number of control surfaces were recovered, which would indicate that the remainder were possibly left attached.

mm43